Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rohinikrishna <ro...@mindtree.com> on 2016/07/07 12:16:49 UTC

Solr search for PDF is case sensitive

Hi All,

I have implemented Solr search in my Sitecore application.
Scenario:
I have a Sitecore item and an field of the item is associated to media
Item(PDF).
I am able to index the entire content of the item including the media item
i.e. PDF. I have used Computed text for indexing.
When I search for any keyword which is directly the content of the item, I
get correct result (its not case sensitive). If I give a search for a word
which is in Caps in the item, i get the result.
But when i search for a keyword from the associated PDF, i get case
sensitive result. That is, if the word i search for is in Caps in the PDF
document, I get the result only when I enter the word in Caps in the search.
If the word is in small letter, it doesn't provide the result.
Also, when I search for words separated by space, I don't get the result.
This happens for the PDF content.
However, the content that is directly on the item fetches correct result
(i.e Its not case sensitive and it also works for words with space.)

Anyone having an idea on this, please provide your input.

Thanks in advance.