Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/28 11:49:13 UTC

Proton 0.11.0 release update - Beta is available

Hi, everyone.  The beta is now available from the following URL:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.11.0-beta/

Maven staging repo:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1047

Test output from my machine, Fedora 22 x86-64:

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-releases/quirk-proton-0.11.0-beta.log

Take notice!  We are on a compressed schedule.  Alpha was one week ago, and
RC is only one week away.  We very much need testing and feedback on the
beta release.

With the beta, we've branched for release, and release-branch commits
require approval.  The release page[1] describes the procedure and criteria.

Thanks!
Justin

---
[1] Proton 0.11.0 release page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Proton+0.11.0

Re: Proton 0.11.0 release update - Beta is available

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ted!

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
I have a patch on proton trunk (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-proton.git;h=288070d)
that disables the Go binding on windows by default. This fixes my build issues in the beta.

Alan, do you approve merging this change into the 0.11 release?

-Chuck

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 28 October 2015 at 10:49, Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  The beta is now available from the following URL:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.11.0-beta/
>
> Maven staging repo:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1047
>
> Test output from my machine, Fedora 22 x86-64:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-releases/quirk-proton-0.11.0-beta.log
>
> Take notice!  We are on a compressed schedule.  Alpha was one week ago, and
> RC is only one week away.  We very much need testing and feedback on the
> beta release.
>
> With the beta, we've branched for release, and release-branch commits
> require approval.  The release page[1] describes the procedure and criteria.
>
> Thanks!
> Justin
>
> ---
> [1] Proton 0.11.0 release page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Proton+0.11.0

I would like to request
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-971 for inclusion, a fix
for possible corruption of the payload for buffered multi-frame
deliveries being sent on the same link.

Robbie

Re: Proton 0.11.0 release update - Beta is available

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Excellent.  Thanks, Robbie.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ganesh.

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I overlooked that your message had already ben moderated through when
I replied off-list earlier. Just so the answer is out there for anyone
else reading:

You self-manage subscriptions to the mailing lists, details are at:
http://qpid.apache.org/discussion.html

Robbie

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.