Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Suren <g_...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/02/06 05:18:59 UTC

Tomcat Freez

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 6.0.14 in Windows Environment 2003 R2. Using DBCP for
connection pooling, after 6-8Hrs of usage Tomcat hanges. It's connecting to
Oracle 10g R2 Database. The Application logic is everytime user comes with a
request that entire request is served using a single connection. ( when a
request received at Servlet side, it takes takes one connection the same is
used till the process is getting completed before the response the
connection is closed) is it causing the problem ??.

I am really in trouble. Please help me out on this.

Thanks

G.Shajikumar

RE: Tomcat Freez

Posted by Chris Hut <ch...@onetruemedia.com>.

> once you know the PID number.  On Windows, use Task Manager or netstat
-ao to find that.

Another handy way to get it is to run JAVA_HOME/bin/jps - which prints
out the PID's of all java procs running on the machine (Tomcat's will be
the one that says Bootstrap next to it)

Chris

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: Tomcat Freez

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
When it freezes, get a stack trace of all Thread in tomcat, by analysing
those stacks, you can get an idea where it freeze and why.

Getting Threaddump on windows requires you, if i remember well, to type
ctrl-z in the tomcat console.
En l'instant précis du 06/02/08 05:18, Suren s'exprimait en ces termes:

--
http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)