Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Akil <as...@swbell.net> on 2002/02/05 17:15:36 UTC

preStoreContent method needs to access RevisionContent if postStoreContent needs to access RevisionContent

A strange phenomenon has been observed.

I created a new ContentInterceptor sub-class.

If I access the document content ( using RevisionContent ) in the
preStoreContent method of the ContentInterceptor class,
I can then see non-zero length content in the postStoreContent method of the
ContentInterceptor class.

If I do not access the document content ( i.e. do not call any of the
methods of the RevisionContent object ) in the preStoreContent method of
the ContentInterceptor class, then the RevisionContent object in the
postStoreContent method is empty ( has 0 length content ).

Is this is a misuse or is this a bug?

On an aside:

Although the revisionContent object gets passed to the postRemoveContent
method of the ContentInterceptor ( Note: this is post JP's UserQuota
changes ),
any attempt at accessing content ( thru RevisionContent methods ) in the
postRemoveContent method leads to exceptions and a transaction rollback ( on
the remove).

Akil