Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/09/15 02:10:25 UTC

[seda] An integration test harness

Hi,

After speaking to Trustin about our next steps with the SEDA framework
for abstracting away transport details so UDP and TCP based services can
live together we realized that a tight little test harness is required
to end to end test this thing without the complexities of a microkernel.

So this is a heads up to let you all know that I will be whipping
something up together to fire up all these POJO services hardwired
without any microkernel at all.  The integration test harness will be
used to makes sure all these peices work together.

Now besides the test harness we're going to need a dummy protocol.  I
think I can just make one up for testing purposes.  It will also make
for an excellent tutorial.  As Trustin and I refactor this code base we
can make sure these beta tests and other unit tests still hold.

Also getting 100% unit test coverage here is very important to me.  If
we can do this and handle the abstraction we're doing very well.

Cheers,
Alex