Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dalton-1, Michael" <Mi...@nasa.gov> on 2003/08/14 18:33:12 UTC

Mandatory Tab / Portlets

We are attempting to use the Jetspeed framework for an internal portal.

I have a requirement to have a mandatory Tab with portlets that can not be customized.

For example,

KSC | myKSC | myProject

In the above tabbed arrangement I want to "lock" the KSC tab so that it (and all of the portlets it contains) can not be modified.  The user will be able to create other tabs and modify the "myKSC" and "myProject" tabs.

Can this be easily configured in Jetspeed 1.4b4?

If not, any ideas where in the code to look?

Thanks for any help,

Michael.D.Dalton@nasa.gov
Internet Business Manager
Computing Systems Services Branch
Information Technology Directorate
IT-D3-A / CIF 394B
Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
(W) 321-861-2207 (F) 321-867-7133

Portlets only available to certain groups

Posted by Sherman Mohler <sm...@ciscolearning.org>.
First, since this is my first time posting to this group, let me take a moment to thank the developers lurking here for Jetspeed. I downloaded it last weekend and can't quit playing with it!  ;-)  Seriously, I have some
experience with portal technologies like Epicentric and BEA's portal, and I like the direction Jetspeed is heading...

Here's my question: Despite rummaging through the mail archive and the various other online docs, I have not been able to create a portlet (an instance of an RSS portlet as a simple example) to be available to one "group"
of individuals and not another. Can someone suggest how to do this?

Thanks!

-- Sherman Mohler
    Cisco Learning Institute