Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thomas Sandholm <sa...@mcs.anl.gov> on 2002/03/14 20:35:59 UTC

Deserialization of xsi:nil elements in BeanDeserializer

I believe there is a problem in the newest
BeanDeserializer/DeserializationContextImpl code(checked out yesterday).
When I send in an element marked with xsi:nil="true" the QName passed in to
the getDeserializerForType method is null, and hence the log.error message
doing a toString on the QName will result in a null pointer exception. If I
add in a check whether the qname passed in is null it all works fine.
Alternatively the BeanSerializer could avoid calling the
getDesrializerForType if its context.getTypeFromAttributes(namespace,
localName, attributes) returns a null QName, or it could explicitly check
for the xsi:nil attribute.

/Thomas

Re: Deserialization of xsi:nil elements in BeanDeserializer

Posted by Thomas Sandholm <sa...@mcs.anl.gov>.
Digging a bit deeper into this, it actually turned out to be a
configuration problem causing this behavior. But maybe it wouldn't hurt to
put in the null checks in the code anyhow.
/Thomas