Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mean_bcp <go...@versatile.com> on 2015/11/11 16:40:55 UTC

Configuring ActiveMQ console in tomee

Hi,

I have installed active-mq-web-console-5.10.0.war in my webapps directory
and I can access the various jsp pages.

Log messages imply that my Queue is being created by the app on startup:

INFO: Configuring Service(id=DOLLEEIngressDistributedQueue-0, type=Resource,
provider-id=Default Queue)
Nov 11, 2015 3:34:42 PM org.apache.openejb.config.AutoConfig
logAutoCreateResource
INFO: Auto-creating a Resource with id 'DOLLEEIngressDistributedQueue-0' of
type 'javax.jms.Queue for 'DeviceLocationMDB'.

Defaulting to port 61616:

INFO: Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 (localhost,
ID:ndollee-dt-2d.ula.comcast.net-51833-1447256083420-0:1) is starting
Nov 11, 2015 3:34:43 PM
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportServerThreadSupport doStart
INFO: Listening for connections at: tcp://localhost:61616
Nov 11, 2015 3:34:43 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector start
INFO: Connector tcp://localhost:61616 started
Nov 11, 2015 3:34:43 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService
doStartBroker
INFO: Apache ActiveMQ 5.10.0 (localhost,
ID:ndollee-dt-2d.ula.comcast.net-51833-1447256083420-0:1) started

But my hostname:8080/activemq-web-console-5.10.0/queues.jsp is empty.
Shouldn't I see DOLLEEIngressDistributedQueue-0 in there?

Thank you,
Gene.

Re: Configuring ActiveMQ console in tomee

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
The pifall of invm is it handles a single broker. Maybe check you dont have
multiple ones - jmx can be a first easy check for that.

If it is not enough activate debug logs for activemq, you will then get all
the needed information I guess - alternative is to debug
BrokerRegistry#findFirst if you find it easier, up to you.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
in WEB-INF you have several configurations:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/tree/master/activemq-web-console/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF

you have to select the webconsole-*xml you want to actually use.

It is done using a system property:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/d6682e5476cd8cbefca04227ffa26a5d508d2494/activemq-web-console/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/web/WebConsoleStarter.java#L95
so -Dwebconsole.type=...
default uses embedded which is maybe not the one you want to reuse
tomee resources. "invm" sounds like a good candidate for colocalized
deployments.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Tomitriber

Posted by mean_bcp <go...@versatile.com>.
Romain Manni-Bucau wrote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mean_bcp <go...@versatile.com>.
Using tomee-plus-1.7.2.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Depends tomee version bit for 1.6 at lesst you need to setup the
classloader to reuse tomee amq classes and not conflict with amq webapp
ones.