Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rajas kumar <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/05 07:33:06 UTC

giving dependencies without version?

Hai,

  I want to give dependency with out version. Is there any posibility to give like that.I am using local repository. If i remove the version its giving errors.

Thanx&&Regards
  praveen.

Re: giving dependencies without version?

Posted by Randy Xu <r...@post.harvard.edu>.
I don't think the <version> tag is required. It may be required if you
don't specify the jarfile.

You can do that with <jar>mydependency.jar</jar>. It follows the
directory format of /<id>/<type>s/whateverthejarfileis.jar

So for the following:
<id>willywonka</id>
<version>2.0</version>
<jar>chocolatefactory.jar</jar>
<type>jar</type>

It will look in /willywonka/jars/chocolatefactory.jar*
<type> defaults to jar

-Randy Xu
http://www.harvardsketch.com/randall/

*PS Why did they decide to call the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
Factory while the original Dahl book is Charlie and the ... Willy Wonka
really has precious little to do with the story.
PSS Tom Pain(e) used to live in Greenwich Village, following his return
to America after the French Revolution. woah...
*PSSS Not so sure how I feel about Johnny Depp playing this role...

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Paste us in your exact <dependency> and the exact location of the file.

This does work. One of them must be out of synch with the other.

Posted by rajas kumar <pr...@yahoo.com>.
i tried like this with out giving version its giving compilation errors.

privious dependency is like this  <dependency>
                                                     <groupId>jsf</groupId>
                                                     <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
                                                      <version>1.0</version>
                                                </dependency>

i have changed this dependency like
                                                  <dependency>
                                                            <id>jsf</id>
                                                           <jar> jsf-api.jar</jar>
                                                 </dependency>

and i placed that jar(jsf-api.jar) file in repository.Its giving compilation errors unable to import the class form that api.How can i give dependy for that. I have sevaral jar files without versions.
Presently i  renamed that jar for to version 1.0.   I dont want to rename that jar files.How can i solve this problem.

Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
See http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#dependency_jar

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:33:06 -0800 (PST), rajas kumar

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.