Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/12/30 13:32:08 UTC

asm usage

hi folks!

I'd like to propose upgrading to ASM-4 for better Java7 support (ASM3 doesn't support it).
I also like to try implementing a different version of the proxying. Currently the code uses sun.misc.Unsafe. This is known to gave a performance boost on java5 but got rendered useless in java6 and is even counter productive on java7 and non-sun JVMs. So we must not use it imo.

I'm trying to get my hands dirty....

LieGrue,
strub

Re: asm usage

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

perfectly fine for me.
For simplicity I'll upgrade to standard asm now and we move to xbean shaded version later.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: asm usage

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.