Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Tangney <jt...@knowledgeplanet.com> on 2000/11/10 21:05:45 UTC

Solaris: Building mod_jk

Hi

Here's my command line:
apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/
usr/java/include/solaris -lposix4 -ldl -lxnet -c *.c ../jk/*.c

It's apache 1.3.14 and tomcat 3.2 distribution (NOT from CVS)

I had to add the "-lposix4 -ldl -lxnet" directives to eliminate linker
errors. However, I still get a whole slew of errors:

ap_pstrdup                          mod_jk.o
ap_reset_timeout                    mod_jk.o
ap_table_set                        mod_jk.o
ap_update_mtime                     mod_jk.o
ap_table_get                        mod_jk.o
ap_get_server_version               mod_jk.o
ap_bwrite                           mod_jk.o
ap_overlay_tables                   mod_jk.o
ap_pcalloc                          mod_jk.o
ap_add_common_vars                  mod_jk.o
ap_setup_client_block               mod_jk.o
ap_send_http_header                 mod_jk.o
ap_psprintf                         mod_jk.o
ap_add_version_component            mod_jk.o
ap_palloc                           mod_jk.o
ap_bflush                           mod_jk.o
ap_table_setn                       mod_jk.o
ap_log_error                        mod_jk.o
ap_get_client_block                 mod_jk.o
ap_should_client_block              mod_jk.o
ap_content_type_tolower             mod_jk.o
ap_get_remote_host                  mod_jk.o
ap_make_table                       mod_jk.o
ap_pvsprintf                        mod_jk.o
ap_parseHTTPdate                    mod_jk.o
ap_set_last_modified                mod_jk.o
ap_table_add                        mod_jk.o
main
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.8.0/crt1.o
ap_bsetflag                         mod_jk.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mod_jk.so
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1

It looks like a simple missing library (and an apache one at that) but I
can't find it anywhere. I'm not a Solaris/Unix guru, so please bear with
me...

Any clues, anyone?

BTW, I had to hack apxs to use gcc as the linker. configure apparently
failed to set that up.

Thanks
--johnt