Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jay Lawrence <Ja...@Lawrence.Net> on 2002/01/08 04:18:00 UTC

PREANNOUNCE Tied Request and Cookies Module

Hello All,

I have written a couple modules to provide tied access to GET/POST arguments
of an Apache request. Basically hides the mechanics of libapreq behind a
tied hash. On a similiar vein I have one for cookies. The nice thing about
the cookies one is that it will set headers automatically for you when you
untie it. I will also be writing one for posted and PUT files.

Both are lazy in that they do not do any processing until the first access
of a hash element. I like this strategy since I often use templates. I want
to make all these features available to the templates but not incur
unnecessary processing overhead if the information is not used.

I am thinking of names such as:

    Apache::Request::Tied
    or Apache::Args::Tied
and
    Apache::Cookies::Tied
and
    Apache::RequestFiles::Tied

or possibly:
    Apache::Tied::Request, etc.

Any interest, comments, suggestions,

Yours,
Jay

Re: PREANNOUNCE Tied Request and Cookies Module

Posted by Jay Lawrence <Ja...@Lawrence.Net>.
George,

Thanks for your feedback. I got another message of the same nature. *blush*
why didn't I think of this!

I have almost ready to release:

    Apache::Tie::Request
and