Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Lamb <pa...@oil-law.com> on 2001/08/13 04:18:37 UTC

C2 request object

I'm porting some c1 code over and need to get the actual
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest object in a xsp page so that it
can be passed to another bean.

Casting the request object doesn't work and I can't find a getRequest()
method.

Any suggesting are appreciated.

Paul Lamb

Re: C2 request object

Posted by Cassandra Bonner <cb...@yahoo.com>.
Hmmm,

we hit this as well while migrating, but i assumed from the posting
below that there is no way to get to the
javax.servlet.HttpServletReq/Resp.?.

I've moved to the cocoon req,resp (which according to this posting is
more generic), but I don't understand how this will be portable.  As
you, I have java code called outside my xsp pages (not beans, but
manager classes) that uses the req and resp, which now has to be
coded with cocoon req resp.

Anyways, the posting might offer some consolation.?.  If you find a
way to use javax.servlet.*, pls post to group.

http://mailman.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2001-April/013154.html

thanks!
cass

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/