Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 10:03:15 UTC

question about speed up the hdfs balancer

hi,maillist:
          i want to balancer for my HDFS cluster ,but the default speed is
1M/s , i want to set the option dfs.balance.bandwidthPerSec  to 20M/s
,surpose i issue balancer command on node A ,i do not know if i just set
the option on node A's  hdfs-site.xml ,or i need to set the option on All
node of my HDFS cluster? thanks a lot!

Re: question about speed up the hdfs balancer

Posted by Benoy Antony <ba...@gmail.com>.
You can invoke  the following command  to change the BalanacerBandwidth at
runtime.

hadoop dfsadmin -setBalanacerBandwidth newbandwidth

This command is submitted to the namenode  which in turn instructs all the
datanodes. No need to restart any servers for this change,

For more details, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2202

thanks and regards,

Benoy Antony

Posted by Benoy Antony <ba...@gmail.com>.