Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com> on 2015/09/22 01:24:00 UTC

backporting minor feature for storm-on-mesos logging to 0.9.x train?

hi dev list,

We recently merged in a change which allows for better logging in
storm-on-mesos (https://github.com/mesos/storm):

   - https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/733

This fix should go out in release 0.10.0.

However I'd like to get it backported to the 0.9.x release train as well.
I realize that this runs counter to the convention that only bug fixes
should go into the 0.9.x train.  My argument is that the change is
particularly minor and has marked benefit for storm-on-mesos.  So I'm
lobbying to get this change backported into 0.9.x.  HeartSaVioR has kindly
reviewed this proposal and is open to making this one time exception.
However he wants buy-in from at least one other PMC member before allowing
it to happen:

   - https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/733#issuecomment-142127363

So this email is an attempt to solicit opinion(s) about making this
exception.

Thanks!

- Erik

Re: backporting minor feature for storm-on-mesos logging to 0.9.x train?

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
FYI,

Bobby gives an opinion that he's OK to backport STORM-1056
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1056>.
Now, it's backported into 0.9.6.

Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--