Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Pranay akula <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/27 18:15:22 UTC

Switching to TWCS

Hi,

Testing to switch from sizetiered to Timewindow, did changed compaction
strategy on a table with a buckets of 3 days

After switching when I checked min and max timestamps on sstables I did see
data older than 3 days range in my case 30-60 days

So when we switch from sizetired to Timewindow, will the existing data will
be rebucketed ??

Thanks
Pranay

Re: Switching to TWCS

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
TWCS uses the max timestamp in an sstable to determine what to compact
together, it won't anti-compact your data.  The goal is to minimize I/O.

You'll have to wait for all your mixed-timestamp sstable data to TTL out
before TWCS's windowing kicks in optimally.

http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2016/12/08/TWCS-part1.html

Re: Switching to TWCS

Posted by Pranay akula <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Switching to TWCS