Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kevin Beckford <kb...@bigorbit.com> on 2000/11/18 05:06:26 UTC

Use of .htaccess files

Hello all,
	I'm a newbie to mod_perl, and I have a question. We have mod_perl on our
server, but it is a standard out of the box install (Only PerlHandler is
enabled.) Now, I'd like to use .htaccess files to test some stuff out
(no dev server either) and I don't want to be constantly restarting the
server. Am I correct in thinking that since .htaccess files are read by
the server every request, I do not need to use techniques like
Apache::StatINC to ensure that the libs get read every request. What
Perl directives can I not put in .htaccess? I plan on testing this stuff
in a directory, and if it works, moving it into the main server.