Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Craig Longman <cr...@begeek.com> on 2002/08/26 05:55:52 UTC

ROOT not reloadable?

jacob has been kindly helping me understand the restrictions of contexts
in tomcat, but one problem that came up and i would like some feedback
from tomcat developers.  this is with the 4.1.9-beta version.

why is the ROOT context not reloadable?

i'm using a framework that i've heavily modified based on
ActionServlet.  it works fine (finds the templates properely) when
invoked on a subdirectory, but it is unable to find the templates when
invoked by a servlet in the ROOT context.  this seems like a bug
(everything is in the same place), but i need to figure out WHAT
information is being provided incorrectly before i can make intelligent
comments, i just thought i'd mention this for now.

what is the suggested method of configuring tomcat4 to simply process
files with certain extensions regardless of directory location?

--

    CraigL->Thx();
    Be Developer ID: 5852

multiple discreet web apps

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
How can one have multiple discreet web apps running from Tomcat, each with
its own URL?

I wrote to ask this question a week ago and I recieved a response saying
that seperate connectors must be setup, each to listen to specific IPs. And
that <host> nodes must be setup for each discreet webapp, each containing a
<context> node.  BUT, I do not see how the two connect.  I mean, so the host
defines a webapp.  And, a connector listens to an IP.... but how do you (or
do you?) connect a connector to a host?  How does tomcat know which IP/URL
maps to which host/webapp?

The documentation has only confused me more ... if anyone would be kind
enough to explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.  :)

Thanks.
Neal