Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/08/16 05:12:32 UTC

[lang] Commons Lang 2.0 RC2 cut

I've cut a release of Commons Lang 2.0 RC2 and placed it in:

http://www.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang-2.0-rc2/

There's a JDiff in there [Commons-Lang-1.0.1-to-2.0] and Javadoc API
[docs/api], plus the distributable source and binary tar.gz's/zips.

This build was built on Linux with JDK 1.4.0_01, but the distribution
builds fine with JDK-1.2.2_016. I plan to do the real build with the
latter instead of JDK 1.4 for the release.

It's been a long day [nice 13.5 hour shift at work :)] so I've probably
screwed something up. Please have a look and see if there's any stupidity.

Steps at a high level to go:

Confirm RC2 is good  [2 days? Monday evening?]
Call a Commons vote  [3 days. 3 +1's needed, hopefully from other commiters]
Inform the PMC of our desire to release [1 day]
Build release for mirroring [1 day? same day as PMC]
Update website, announce, vacation.

Hen