Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2009/08/04 01:49:15 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Hi again,

After Brett sorted out some issues that got lost in the source-control
mess on my localhost, and I resolved a couple more stragglers that came
up as a result of testing out RC1, I think we're in better shape to
attempt a release again.

Before we do, I'd like to get as many eyes as possible on this latest
release candidate:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-008/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.2.1-RC2

Please file JIRA issues for anything you come across that still seems
broken. The list of issues we've resolved so far for this release is here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&styleName=Html&version=15328

Thanks!

-john

---
John Casey
Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Member, Apache Software Foundation

"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing."
        -Aristotle

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I've updated the mavenVersion property on the 2.2.x branch.

-john

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-297

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
I tested it briefly by deploying some enforcer snapshots. Nothing
unusual detected, but I definitely didn't look at the detailed issues
we had earlier.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Paul MERLIN <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Seems to work nicely, done some releases with it today.

/Paul

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
John Casey wrote at Dienstag, 4. August 2009 01:49:

> Hi again,
>
> After Brett sorted out some issues that got lost in the source-control
> mess on my localhost, and I resolved a couple more stragglers that came
> up as a result of testing out RC1, I think we're in better shape to
> attempt a release again.

Works for me ...

- Jörg

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.2.1-RC2