Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/12 07:10:53 UTC

ANN: HBase 0.94.2 is available for download

The HBase Team is pleased to announce the release of HBase 0.94.2.
Download it from your favorite Apache mirror [1].

HBase 0.94.2 is a bug fix release and has 117 issues resolved against it, including some performance improvements.
0.94.2 is the current stable release of HBase.

All previous 0.92.x and 0.94.x releases can upgraded to 0.94.2 via a rolling upgrade - in place, without downtime.

For a complete list of changes, see release notes [2].

Yours,
The HBase Team

P.S. Thanks goes out to the over 40 individuals who contributed to this release!

1. http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12321884

Re: ANN: HBase 0.94.2 is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Aditya <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Lars!
>
> I could not find a 0.94.2 tag in SVN though.

Yeah. Me neither.  Tag it Lars (Let me know if you need a hand pushing
it out to mvn).

St.Ack

Re: ANN: HBase 0.94.2 is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<je...@spaggiari.org> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> To install it, can we just remove the .jar on the root directory and
> replace it with this one? I'm running 0.94.0 so it might be
> compatible, right?

There could be changes other than those bundled in the jar --
supporting scripts, dependencies, and configs.  You could try
replacing the jar only but thats not how we'd expect folks roll out
the upgrade.

St.Ack

Re: ANN: HBase 0.94.2 is available for download

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Lars,

To install it, can we just remove the .jar on the root directory and
replace it with this one? I'm running 0.94.0 so it might be
compatible, right?

Thanks,

JM

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Oops. Done.

________________________________

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Oops. Done.

________________________________

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lars!

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Thanks Jean for your update.

Regards
Ram

Posted by syed kather <in...@gmail.com>.
+1 pushing to maven repo

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
I'm on it. :)

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>.
+1 on pushing to maven repo.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi St.Atck,

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
Lars,

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Don't forget to close the release in jira.

Thx,

J-D

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
Lars,