Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shannon Yates <s_...@yahoo.ca> on 2002/01/09 02:30:40 UTC

Moving from version xml4c3_5_1-AIX43 to xerces-c_1_5_2-AIX43_5.02

Hi

I have code that compiles under the 1.5 version, but
when I try to compile my parser code with the 1.5.2
version
I get one error when linking:

Undefined symbol:
.MemBufInputSource::MemBufInputSource(const unsigned
char* const,  const unsigned int,  const char* const,
const int)

I have not changed any of my xmlparser code.
I am not quite sure what is happening, the class still
exists and appears identical in the new version as in
the old.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.....Shannon

Re: Moving from version xml4c3_5_1-AIX43 to xerces-c_1_5_2-AIX43_5.02

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
The compiler has been upgraded.  The xerces-c_1_5_2 library that is
shipped in xerces-c_1_5_2-AIX43_5.02 was built with compiler xlC_r v5.0.2.

If your code is built using a different compiler (e.g. xlC_r v3.6.6 (an
older version)), then you will get link error.

Tinny