Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andrey Parfenov <a1...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/24 12:20:31 UTC

Finding a champion and mentors

Hello,

I am an author of open source project BrainFlow, and currently I am
thinking about moving this project to Apache Incubator.
I've read all the documents about the application process and seems like
finding mentors/champions is the first step.

But it's unclear how to find them and get feedback about the project and
it's perspectives at Apache Incubator.

More info about project:

BrainFlow is a library to read, parse and analyze data from biosensors with
primary focus on BCI devices, the goal of this library is to provide
uniform SDK to different devices and allow programmers to write device
agnostic code.
As of right now it supports 7 programming languages. First commit was
around ~2.5 years ago

Docs https://brainflow.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
Github https://github.com/brainflow-dev/brainflow
Website https://brainflow.org/
Slack Workspace was created around 6 months ago and currently there are 137
members

Best Regards,
Andrey

Re: Finding a champion and mentors

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrey,

This project looks very interesting. I am willing to help you, if you are
looking for volunteers to mentor the project.

Regards
Kevin

Posted by "Gang(Gary) Wang" <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrey

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi Andrey,

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's an interesting project around OpenBCI. I really understand your
concern about how to reach your rational mentors. It's not a bad way to go
straight in the general mail, at least more professional mentors could see
your project. I'm not a veteran in this direction, but it's interesting to
read the project introduction. I'd like to be your mentor, you could count
me in :-)

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Andrey Parfenov <a1...@gmail.com> 于2020年11月25日周三 上午7:35写道:

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: Finding a champion and mentors

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

> On 24 Nov 2020, at 12:20, Andrey Parfenov <a1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am an author of open source project BrainFlow, and currently I am
> thinking about moving this project to Apache Incubator.

I took a brief look.  I *think* I like the project!

Meanwhile, you might want to read yesterday and today's traffic on this list,
as someone else (Daniel Widdis) asked almost exactly the same question
less than 24 hours ago, and generated discussion on the subject.

--
Nick Kew