Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stelian Iancu <st...@gmx.net> on 2002/12/20 09:46:02 UTC

Newbie problem

Hello!

I have just downloaded jetspeed 1.4-b3 and I have some problems with the
build process. I downloaded the full war archive. I am using Mandrake
9.0 as an operating system, with sun's jdk 1.4.1 and Tomcat 4.1.12.

When I try to execute build.sh war I get the following error:
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

The interpreter is /bin/sh (the default, I didn't modify in the build.sh
script) and it is there, in /bin. So I don't understand what the problem
is.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Stelian I.

Re: AW: AW: AW: Newbie problem - SOLVED

Posted by Stelian Iancu <st...@gmx.net>.
On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 19:54, Jürgen Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know anything more... I assume build.sh has e'x'ecutable
> permissions also. Check the first line to see which interpreter at which
> location is called and if it is called correctly. Make sure that if the
> File contains CR/LF on the end of each line that you replace those by
> using the dos2unix command. Then try to execute it again. Other than
> that, I have never experienced anything similar. Only when the partition
> or mount point I was working on did not have exec permissions.
>
> Try to move the source to /usr/src (the place to put source files) and
> try to build.sh it from there. Sorry if I cannot help you.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jürgen Hoffmann
> ByteACTION GmbH
>
> cert. Perl Programmer
> cert. Linux System Administrator
> cert. Java Programmer

I used dos2unix and it worked. Thank you very much for your help!

Stelian I.

AW: AW: AW: Newbie problem

Posted by Stelian Iancu <st...@gmx.net>.

AW: AW: Newbie problem