Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/08/18 12:52:15 UTC

GPL downloads still present on the bluesky website

Hi,

I just noticed that the download links which point to GPL-licensed
stuff on the bluesky website [1] are still present, despite previous
messages indicating that this would be fixed, see |2] and [3].

I would suggest removing *all* download links from the bluesky
website, as no ASF releases have been made.

It is IMHO ok to have a single download link that points to a non-ASF
webpage that is clearly labelled as such and provides links to non-ASF
stuff. Direct links from an ASF website to non-ASF downloads are not
ok in my opinion, especially when said downloads are GPL licensed.

Please fix this as soon as possible, it's been now 18 days since the
problem was reported, that's way too long.

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/
[2] http://markmail.org/message/7wah3nhmf7iqkejq
[3] http://markmail.org/message/rdsuudsaspqanlla

Re: GPL downloads still present on the bluesky website

Posted by chen hecky <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chen hecky <he...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,
   2008/8/18, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the download links which point to GPL-licensed
> stuff on the bluesky website [1] are still present, despite previous
> messages indicating that this would be fixed, see |2] and [3].
>
> I would suggest removing *all* download links from the bluesky
> website, as no ASF releases have been made.
>
> It is IMHO ok to have a single download link that points to a non-ASF
> webpage that is clearly labelled as such and provides links to non-ASF
> stuff. Direct links from an ASF website to non-ASF downloads are not
> ok in my opinion, especially when said downloads are GPL licensed.
>
> Please fix this as soon as possible, it's been now 18 days since the
> problem was reported, that's way too long.

Becaues some studes are in summer vacation, there are some mistake that we
can't correct in time.
Now I have changed it!
Thanks for your attention!