Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2009/12/06 19:30:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release JempBox 1.0.0

Hi,

I have posted a candidate for the first Apache release of JempBox
as an Apache toplevel project. The candidate can be found at

http://people.apache.org/~lehmi/pdfbox/jempbox

See the RELEASE-NOTES-1.0.0.txt file (also included at the end of this
message) for details on release contents. The release candidate is a
jar archive of the sources in

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/jempbox/tags/1.0.0

The MD5 checksum of the jempbox-1.0.0-src.jar release package
is 87 48 52 77 59 46 02 87  30 35 CF 63 7A 82 E1 40.

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache JempBox 1.0.0
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PDFBox PMC votes is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache JempBox 1.0.0

With the source release I have also included a pre-compiled jar file.
The Maven POM file from the source release is also included so that we
can deploy the released jar to the central Maven repository if the
release vote passes.

Here's my +1.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Release Notes -- Apache JempBox -- Version 1.0.0

Introduction
------------

Apache JempBox is an open source Java library for working with XMP metadata.

This 1.0.0 release is the first JempBox release made after the graduation from
incubating at the Apache Software Foundation. The most notable changes since the
previous release (0.8.0-incubating) are the upgrade to Java 5 and the switch
from ant to maven as build tool.

See the Apache PDFBox website at http://pdfbox.apache.org/ for more information.

Release Contents
----------------

This release consists of a source archive (jempbox-1.0.0-src.jar).
You can build the release with Apache Maven like this:

     jar xf jempbox-1.0.0-src.jar
     cd jempbox-1.0.0
     maven clean install

The source archive is accompanied by SHA1 and MD5 checksums and a PGP
signature that you can use to verify the authenticity of your download.
The public key used for the PGP signature can be found at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/KEYS.

About The Apache Software Foundation
------------------------------------

Established in 1999, The Apache Software Foundation provides organizational,
legal, and financial support for more than 100 freely-available,
collaboratively-developed Open Source projects. The pragmatic Apache License
enables individual and commercial users to easily deploy Apache software;
the Foundation's intellectual property framework limits the legal exposure
of its 2,500+ contributors.

For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/

[RESULT][VOTE] Release JempBox 1.0.0

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache JempBox 1.0.0
> least three +1 PDFBox PMC votes is reached.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache JempBox 1.0.0

The vote passes as follows

+1 Andreas Lehmkühler
+1 Ben Litchfield
+1 Chris Dahlgren (no binding vote)
+1 Jukka Zitting
+1 Jeremias Maerki

Thanks for your reviewing this release. I'll push it out.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: [VOTE] Release JempBox 1.0.0

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[x] +1 Release this package as Apache JempBox 1.0.0

Built and tested with Maven 2.2.1 and Sun Java 1.6.0_03 on Vista.

PS. I was a bit surprised by this release vote since we didn't have
much discussion about the release in advance. It's good practice to
announce in advance that you're planning to cut a release (especially
a major one like 1.0) so that people have a chance to chime in with
any relevant comments or wishes for changes before the release.

PPS. Daniel, would you have time to build a .NET binary for this
release? It would be great if we could publish an official dll along
with the binary jar file.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release JempBox 1.0.0

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
[X] +1 Release this package as Apache JempBox 1.0.0

Sorry for the late response. I've had similar thoughts as Jukka when I
saw the vote.

I saw one minor issue which is probably not a big deal: OSGi package
exports don't contain version information. I'll check if I can fix that
in Trunk.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Release JempBox 1.0.0

Posted by Ben Litchfield <be...@benlitchfield.com>.