Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gurudev <su...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/06 08:21:21 UTC

Search in SOLR multi cores in a single request

I have been reading the SOLR 1.3 wiki, which says that to fetch documents
from each cores in a multi-cores setup we need to request each core
independently.

What i was under impression that SOLR multi-core feature might be using
lucene's multisearcher to search among multiple cores.

Anyone with clarification :)

Re: Search in SOLR multi cores in a single request

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
The idea behind multicore is that you will use them if you have completely
different type of documents (basically multiple schemas). You might want to
look at Distributed Search which allows for sharding of the data on multiple
servers and searching them all.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:51 PM, gurudev <su...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been reading the SOLR 1.3 wiki, which says that to fetch documents
> from each cores in a multi-cores setup we need to request each core
> independently.
>
> What i was under impression that SOLR multi-core feature might be using
> lucene's multisearcher to search among multiple cores.
>
> Anyone with clarification :)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.