Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Goeltz <go...@ornl.gov> on 2000/07/05 16:35:21 UTC

Re: Problem with Message Tag

At 01:04 PM 6/29/00 -0700, Daniel Repik <da...@mailcity.com> wrote:

 > I am having a problem running the struts example.  I have loaded both
 > Tomcat and struts into VisualAge for Java 1.2 (version 3.0 of the
 > IDE).  It seems that all the Tomcat servlet and jsp functionality
 > works fine.

 > However when I try to open up the index.jsp page of the struts example
 > an exception is throw.  The exception being throw is because the text
 > for the page title message tag is not being found.

I have struts/Tomcat running within VisualAge and had a similar problem.
A look at the log indicates a problem opening Resources.properties.
My fix was to add the app's WEB-INF/classes to the classpath of
.startup.Tomcat.

You see, running standalone, Tomcat will find them.  However, running
within VisualAge, you are compiling, running, and debugging your classes
interactively ;)  (BIG grin).  Therefore, VAJ needs the pointer.

My apologies to those for whom this is off topic.

Rick

Re: Problem with Message Tag

Posted by Massimiliano Marsiglietti <ma...@interage.it>.
Ciao,

Il mer, 05 lug 2000, hai scritto:

[..]
> You see, running standalone, Tomcat will find them.  However, running
> within VisualAge, you are compiling, running, and debugging your classes
> interactively ;)  (BIG grin).  Therefore, VAJ needs the pointer.
>
> My apologies to those for whom this is off topic.

On the contrary.. I bet there are a few lurker (like me) that copy and paste
these little tricks.. Thanks for posting it!

--
Max