Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/05/21 21:20:32 UTC

Hudson scanning for warnings/notations -- was: Re: CharTermAttributeImp contains a nocommit task

FYI: Shai's email reminded me that Hudson has plugins that let you scan
source files for "notes" that you want it to count/report on -- so i'm
currently tweaking the hudson configs to look for "nocommit,HACK,FIXME"
and "TODO" -- i also remembered it can monitor the output for compiler
warnings and javadoc warnings and graph those as they change over time, so
i'm setting that up as well.

I'm starting with the Lucene-3x build, don't be suprised if i break a few
builds testing this all out.

: Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:57:48 +0300
: From: Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>
: To: dev@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: CharTermAttributeImp contains a nocommit task
:
: Hi
:
: I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but I've noticed
: CharTermAttributeImp contains a nocommit task:
:
:     // nocommit: CharSequence requires that only the contents are returned,
: but this is orginal code: "term=" + new String(termBuffer, 0, termLength)
:
: Not sure if that's supposed to remain there or not ... I suggest it's
: removed, or the task removed, if that's not intentional 'cause it looks
: fishy.
:
: Shai
:

-Hoss

RE: Hudson scanning for warnings/notations -- was: Re: CharTermAttributeImp contains a nocommit task

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Maybe you also add noncommit as there were some typos, so
: nocommit,noncommit,...

Ugh ... i was actaully worried we might encounter some legitmiate code
with too much variation ("commit" tends to appear a lot in lucene source
code) but i'll add it.

FWIW: I also reverted the Warnings plugin -- i realized it didn't
work, evidently it's broken on our hudson setup for some reason...

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: nocomit also :)

you couldn't have sent this email 3 minutes ago?

(these hudson config pages take freaking forever to load, and i'm updating
6 of them)

:
: On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
: > Maybe you also add noncommit as there were some typos, so
: > nocommit,noncommit,...
: >
: > I already checked your configuration changes in hudson, looks cool! Thanks!
: >
: > -----
: > Uwe Schindler
: > H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
: > http://www.thetaphi.de
: > eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de
: >
: >
Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
nocomit also :)

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Maybe you also add noncommit as there were some typos, so
> nocommit,noncommit,...
>
> I already checked your configuration changes in hudson, looks cool! Thanks!
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

RE: Hudson scanning for warnings/notations -- was: Re: CharTermAttributeImp contains a nocommit task

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.