Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/12 20:46:14 UTC

Re: Bogus .rc file?

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> httpd-2.0/support/win32/.cvsignore includes "*.rc" as labelling
> files to be ignored and not entered in CVS.
>
> Unfortunately, the repository contains (and looks as though
> it *should* contain) ApacheMonitor.rc in that directory.
>
> So either the .cvsignore is spreading too wide a net, or
> the ApacheMonitor.rc file is in CVS and shouldn't be, or
> the file should be better named, or...

I'm 99.9% sure it's the former (.cvsignore is wrong).  ApacheMonitor.rc is
definitely needed.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > httpd-2.0/support/win32/.cvsignore includes "*.rc" as labelling
> > files to be ignored and not entered in CVS.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the repository contains (and looks as though
> > it *should* contain) ApacheMonitor.rc in that directory.
> >
> > So either the .cvsignore is spreading too wide a net, or
> > the ApacheMonitor.rc file is in CVS and shouldn't be, or
> > the file should be better named, or...
>
> I'm 99.9% sure it's the former (.cvsignore is wrong).  ApacheMonitor.rc is
> definitely needed.

And you were all but .1% correct :)  We will simply need to be explicit about
the .rc files that _will_ be ignored.  ApacheMonitor.rc has a number of very
specific resources for this gui app, while most .rc files in the Apache tree
are autogenerated for win32, with simply a versioning resource entity.

Bill