Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/04 21:51:50 UTC

License problem

So one of the iTest files (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/trunk/test/src/itest-common/src/main/groovy/com/cloudera/itest/junit/OrderedParameterized.java)
is a derivate of a JUnit class, and so is dual-licensed with the CPL. But
the CPL is a Category B license on http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html -
which suggests that we at the very least don't want to include it, and if
possible, we should not use it. So does this mean we need to rewrite the
class or get rid of it entirely? Anyone have thoughts?

A.

Re: License problem

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Ignore me. ack wasn't looking in groovy files. d'oh!

A.

Re: License problem

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: License problem

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.

Re: License problem

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: License problem

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Worst-case, I could release that one class file wearing my Cloudera hat, but
I think the best case is to find a way to rewrite it. Roman's back next
week, and he and Cos wrote it originally, so hopefully he can provide some
help on this.

A.

Re: License problem

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.