Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dulanga Sashika <wa...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/04 19:54:06 UTC

Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page

Hi Robert,

By following given links and playing around with the code, I could
successfully implement a react component and display a text in the
dashboard. I added a new dashboard.less file to apply styles for that. But
it didn't work. Is there any configurations to do before using those less
files for the styles? As a next step, I am hoping to implement some complex
components. Specially, some movable items with add and remove features as
Alex suggested.

Best Regards

--
W. A. Dulanga Sashika,
Undergraduate Student,

Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page

Posted by Michelle Phung <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello Ayloa!

Welcome to the project!

I see you have found our Fauxton repo (https://github.com/apache/couchdb-fauxton),
from here you are able to pull the latest code, and view pull requests for improvements.

To get started contributing, I would fork the github repo so you have the latest copy on your local computer and github account.
Then create a new branch, for your own development, and then start to create/code the main page. As you are working on, rebase to the master branch (I do this daily, since the master branch moves fairly quickly, and can easily get diverted from your working branch, making it more difficult to merge eventually).

This is a very exciting and fun ticket. :)

Let us know if there is anything that is unclear, or if you would like further steps. The code is in currently being transitioned from BackboneJS to ReactJS, so there are some parts that are still in transition. Not to worry though, after a while, you will get used to it.

Michelle

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 7:03 AM, Ayola Jayamaha <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to contribute to Couchdb frontend. Hope you will all continue
> supporting.
>
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Dulanga Sashika <wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Michelle,
>>
>> Wow, seriously this is amazing :) I pushed this branch to my repo without
>> testing. But it is working :D. Thank you very much for your great help
>> Michelle. I'll send a PR today with few modifications. I think "Progress"
>> and "Update On" fields should be formatted.
>>
>> And I'll switch to the CouchDB 2.0 from now on. I didn't implement any
>> test cases for this. My next step is to implement test cases for this
>> widget.
>>
>> Thank you again for your quick reply and great help :)
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>>
>> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:30 AM, Michelle Phung <
>> michelle.phung@cloudant.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dulanga,
>>>
>>> I took a quick peek, and it looks like your widget is receiving
>>> information! Thats great :)
>>>
>>> To get a persistent Active Task:
>>> 1. Go to Replications tab (in the left most sidebar),
>>> 2. You will see two tabs, make sure that LOCAL is highlighted in red on
>>> both
>>> 3. Choose an existing database from the dropdown,
>>> the database you choose doesn’t need to have that many documents in it
>>> (even 1 document will suffice),
>>> and type in any name you want for a new database in the other text field
>>> 4. Click both checkboxes (Continuous and Create target)
>>> 5. Click Replicate (green button)
>>> 6. Click on Active Task tab (on the far left sidebar)

Posted by Ayola Jayamaha <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Dulanga Sashika <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michelle,

--
W. A. Dulanga Sashika,
Undergraduate Student,

Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page

Posted by Michelle Phung <mi...@cloudant.com>.
Hi Dulanga,

Posted by Michelle Phung <mi...@cloudant.com>.
Hi Dulanga,

Posted by Dulanga Sashika <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

--
W. A. Dulanga Sashika,
Undergraduate Student,

Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Hi Dulanga, Hi Nadeeshaan,

Posted by Dulanga Sashika <wa...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

--
W. A. Dulanga Sashika,
Undergraduate Student,

Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page

Posted by Dulanga Sashika <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
W. A. Dulanga Sashika,
Undergraduate Student,

Re: [COUCHDB-2214] Dashboard as main page

Posted by Robert Kowalski <ro...@kowalski.gd>.
Hi Dulanga,