Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Manuel R." <42...@att.net> on 2015/09/07 14:38:52 UTC

Spell check language settings

So every time I create a new file I have to set the Language for the Text, Paragraph and Selection before the Auto or Manual spell check can work. How do I get them to stay? I don’t want to have to click on them each time. So to explain with as much detail as I can. I create a file, then I go to Tool-Language-For Selection or Paragraph or Text then I click on English on each of them. How do I keep them checked every time I create a file without actually having to click on them? I would think by doing it to one file the new one I create would be set but it isn’t. So please get back to me as soon as possible. It’s not a big thing but it’s just very annoying. Thank you for your time and help!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Spell check language settings

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 05:38:52 -0700
Manuel R. <42...@att.net> wrote:

> So every time I create a new file I have to set the Language for the Text, Paragraph and Selection before the Auto or Manual spell check can work. How do I get them to stay? I don’t want to have to click on them each time. So to explain with as much detail as I can. I create a file, then I go to Tool-Language-For Selection or Paragraph or Text then I click on English on each of them. How do I keep them checked every time I create a file without actually having to click on them? I would think by doing it to one file the new one I create would be set but it isn’t. So please get back to me as soon as possible. It’s not a big thing but it’s just very annoying. Thank you for your time and help!

You should start by deleting or renaming your OpenOffice user profile. If you are using Windows do this by:
Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>