Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/14 23:10:02 UTC

z.show() compatibility and new UI grid

We've noticed two major issues with z.show() after upgrading Zeppelin

1)
z.show(df) used to work directly on spark dataframe object,
now it produces TypeError: object of type 'DataFrame' has no len()
Full exception stack in [1].

We tried disabling ipython and it seems to be a workaround.
I there is a way to have compatibility with previous Zeppelin release
on z.show()
without disabling ipython altogether?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3234

2)
The new UI grid displays just an empty box when output is cut with a
message like

> Output is truncated to 102400 bytes. Learn more about
> ZEPPELIN_INTERPRETER_OUTPUT_LIMIT

It doesn't happen every time, I think it depends on how interpreter has cut
the table?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3235

More minor - the new data grid visualization seems much slower on wider
datasets.
Not sure if there is a way to fallback to older table data grid UI option?

[1]

TypeErrorTraceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-4-47beac9208ab>

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov