Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Rautenberg, Stefan" <St...@dresdner-bank.com> on 2000/11/16 16:58:43 UTC

ApplicationResources in Struts 1.0

	Hi all,
	We are using Struts 0.5 in an application which runs under Jrun 3.0.
	The ApplicationResources.properties was always found in the
directory /WEB-INF/libs which is automatically added to the classpath by
Jrun.

	Now that we have updated using Struts 1.0 (the nightly build of
30.10.2000), Jrun can't find the properties file anymore.
	We've tried all possible location (each time with changing the
web.xml) and we compared the 0.5- and the 1.0 ActionServlet, if there are
any changes made.

	I guess Jrun can't be the problem, because everything worked fine
with the 0.5 version.

	Does anyone know if changes were made to the handling of
ApplicationResources.properties ?

	Thanks in advance for any help.

	And by the way: Is there an actual schedule for release 1.0 ?

	Stefan

	Stefan Rautenberg

		Dresdner Kleinwort Benson
		Global Markets IT
		Jürgen-Ponto-Platz 1
		D-60301 Frankfurt am Main

		Tel:	+49 - 69 - 263 - 16285
		Fax:	+49 - 69 - 263 - 18839
	eMail:	<mailto: Stefan.Rautenberg@Dresdner-Bank.com
<ma...@Dresdner-Bank.com> >

Re: ApplicationResources in Struts 1.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Rautenberg, Stefan" wrote:

>         Hi all,
>         We are using Struts 0.5 in an application which runs under Jrun 3.0.
>         The ApplicationResources.properties was always found in the
> directory /WEB-INF/libs which is automatically added to the classpath by
> Jrun.

Does the unmodified Struts example application work for you?  It loads
application resources from a resource bundle named
"org.apache.struts.example.ApplicationResources" -- which ends up being
populated by a properties file
"WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/struts/example/ApplicationResources.properties".

I do not believe there have been any changes in how this is handled since 0.5.

>         Now that we have updated using Struts 1.0 (the nightly build of
> 30.10.2000), Jrun can't find the properties file anymore.
>         We've tried all possible location (each time with changing the
> web.xml) and we compared the 0.5- and the 1.0 ActionServlet, if there are
> any changes made.
>
>         I guess Jrun can't be the problem, because everything worked fine
> with the 0.5 version.
>
>         Does anyone know if changes were made to the handling of
> ApplicationResources.properties ?
>
>         Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>         And by the way: Is there an actual schedule for release 1.0 ?

I'm hoping to have a beta release by the end of November, with a final as soon
as we're satisfied that any critical bugs have been squashed.

>         Stefan

Craig McClanahan