Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by MelonJaya <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 12:48:07 UTC

using websocket within ofbiz

Hi all,

I've been trying to utilize the websocket in current trunk of ofbiz.
Make new component in hot-deploy, using the exact chat example from tomcat
and include the Java class. It can be compiled and ant start run without
any problem, but my browser console keeps telling me that ws connection
cannot be made.

I have read the discussion from Jacopo in Tomcat mailing list too, tried to
add the listener in web.xml and still my browser cannot make ws connection
to my ofbiz instance.

Have you guys any experience on this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Johnson Chandra

Re: using websocket within ofbiz

Posted by MelonJaya <me...@gmail.com>.
well, first of all, I notice that the ContextFilter filtered out the
request, so I put /websocket in allowedPaths.
It works, but still the ws request is somehow cannot "arrived".

My suspects are:
1. all request goes through ControlEventListener and LoginEventListener.
Maybe it is the blocking part? (I will do some experiment with that)
2. I assume, all request are parsed according to webapp definition in
ofbiz-component.xml, so that the request will be forwarded to the
respective component.
Could it be that this is why ws request connection got no response?
since it must be somewhere a class that utilize catalina and handles
request.

Maybe someone knows better what and how the catalina/tomcat is being used
in ofbiz framework?

This issue could be the starting point for ofbiz-5522.

Will keep you guys updated if any progress from my side.

best regards,
Johnson Chandra

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Youssef Khaye <y....@unionsmarket.com>.
hello;
you need to add following jars to your classpath:
tomcat7-websocket.jar
websocket-api.jar
web.xml
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd"
   version="3.0"
   metadata-complete="true">

     <servlet>
       <servlet-name>AsteriskSocket</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.ofbiz.service.asterisk.websocket.AsteriskSocket</servlet-class>
     </servlet>
     <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>AsteriskSocket</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/ws</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
you need to copy the .class AsteriskSocket into your webapp dir, i used
ant jar target to make it.

+    <property name="ws.src"
value="build/classes/org/ofbiz/service/asterisk"/>
+    <property name="ws.dest"
value="webapp/asterisk/WEB-INF/classes/org/ofbiz/service/asterisk"/>

      <target name="main-jar" depends="stubs">
          <main-jar/>
          <test-jar/>
+        <mkdir dir="${ws.dest}"/>
+        <copy todir="${ws.dest}" flatten="true">
+            <fileset dir="${ws.src}" includes="**"/>
+        </copy>
      </target>

look at attachement for the websocket server side implementation

hope this will help you.

Posted by MelonJaya <me...@gmail.com>.
HI Youssef,

Posted by Youssef Khaye <y....@unionsmarket.com>.