Posted to commits@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/09/07 22:20:01 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Update of "TaskList" by OtisGospodnetic

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by OtisGospodnetic:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/TaskList

  Here's a document listing any sort of development tasks or suggestions.

+
  = Fetching =
+

  == HTTP Improvements ==
   * HTTP Authentication support
@@ -15, +17 @@

  I've modified Hedges' code to use a single HTTPClient object with multiple connection objects, so cookies should work fine.  I'll check whether last-modified can be checked as well from the client, but wouldn't it need changes to the fetcher as well?

  -- Main.KenMeltsner - 04 Feb 2005
-
- Where can one find information on downloading/installing/using both NTLM and regular HTTP authentication?  I've got an intranet I desperately need to index that has many pages which are "protected" behind these kinds of roadblocks.  Thanks in advance.
-
- -- jimbojw - 06 Sept 2006

   * HTTP Last-Modified support
   * Support for Microsoft's annoying CIFS file service protocol (e.g. file://server/share or perhaps cifs://server/share)