Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Kakuschky <ka...@elbe-net.de> on 2010/10/13 18:01:21 UTC

[tobago] tc:input und tx:input components not updated

  Hello, I downgraded my tobago (1.0.30) application from myfaces 1.2.8
to myfaces 1.1.8 to get the popup validation working - It works now
thanks for the help.

Now I got another problem. Since the downgrade the tc:in and tx:in
elements not updated with the attributes of the underlaying controller
bean.

But If I bind the attributes to tc:out elements the values are shown but
not editable for sure.

What I do is I have a list of customers. If the user selects a customer
it's loaded into an cutomer object signed as value to a formular to edit
the customer.
The page is loaded and the formular should contain the existing values
but it does not work for input components.

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/component" prefix="tc"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/extension" prefix="tx"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags/layout" prefix="layout"%>
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java"%>

. . .

Not working:

<tc:tab label="main">
<tc:panel id="customerDataPanel">

<f:facet name="layout">
<tc:gridLayout columns="1*"rows="fixed;*" />
</f:facet>

<tc:cell>
<tx:in value="#{myController.selectedCustomer.first_name}" />
</tc:cell>

working:

<tc:tab label="main">
<tc:panel id="customerDataPanel">

<f:facet name="layout">
<tc:gridLayout columns="1*"rows="fixed;*" />
</f:facet>

<tc:cell>
<tc:out value="#{myController.selectedCustomer.first_name}" />
</tc:cell>

. . .  . .

I debug the Beans and the objects and attributes are initialized correctly

Has somebody an idea?

Kind regards Michael

Re: [tobago] tc:input und tx:input components not updated

Posted by Michael Kakuschky <ka...@elbe-net.de>.
  Since I downgraded my tobago (1.0.30) application from myfaces 1.2.8
to myfaces 1.1.8 to get popups validation working I have also some
problems with the subforms on non popup pages.

It seems that the scope of the Forms follows other rules  with myfaces
1.1.8 than 1.2.8. In some cases the validation rules of neighbour forms
are checked and blocking submission of the currently used form.

Are there any general rules where tc:form elements have to be positioned
to get not wired with the scopes of validation in myfaces 1.1.8

Kind regards Michael