Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by hill180 <hi...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/31 23:55:25 UTC

Copy Form Fields

I have looked through the archives and there were a couple references
to this question but no examples and I was hoping for some help.

I have a form with Address One and Address Two,

I have a link that I just want to copy the data over.  I am thinking
it should use Javascript, but I am new to wicket and not sure how to
implement.

The textfields are a compound property model which is hitting a
hibernate POJO.

private static class AddressPanel extends Panel
	  {

	    public AddressPanel(String id, Form f,final AssociateDB a)
	    {
	      super(id);
	      final TextField myAddress1 = new TextField("Address1"); //
First Address
	      add(myAddress1);
            	final TextField myAddress2 = new
TextField("Address2"); // First Address
          	 myAddress2.setOutputMarkupId(true);
           	add(myAddress2);

             Link link = new Link("copyAddress"){
             @Override
             //TODO ADD JAVASCRIPT COPY, FAILS TO SAVE BEFORE COPY OF
DATA
             public void onClick() {

             }

             };

         add(link);
	    }

	  };

Re: Copy Form Fields

Posted by hill180 <hi...@gmail.com>.
This might not be the best solutions (new to wicket/java) but I posted
if it might help:
This way, I was able to copy the fields and save correctly to my
Hibernate POJO.

package com.myapp.wicket;

import org.apache.wicket.behavior.AttributeAppender;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebPage;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.basic.Label;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.TextField;
import org.apache.wicket.model.Model;

/**
  *
  * @author hill180
  */
public final class HomePage extends WebPage {
     @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
     public HomePage() {
         super ();
         Model firstAddress = new Model("test");//Simulated info from DB

         Model secondAddress = new Model("");
         Form form = new Form("form"){

             @Override
             protected void onSubmit() {
                 super.onSubmit();//TODO
             }

         };
         form.setOutputMarkupId(true);
         TextField textFirstAddress = new TextField("firstAddress",
firstAddress);
         textFirstAddress.setOutputMarkupId(true);
         TextField textSecondAddress = new TextField("secondAddress",
secondAddress);
         textSecondAddress.setOutputMarkupId(true);
         add(form);
         form.add(textFirstAddress);
         form.add(textSecondAddress);
         Label label = new Label("copyAddress", "click here");
         String ajaxFirstAddressName = textFirstAddress.getMarkupId();
         String ajaxSecondAddressName = textSecondAddress.getMarkupId();
         String ajaxFormName = form.getMarkupId();
         label.add(new AttributeAppender("onclick", new Model(
                 ajaxFormName + "." + ajaxSecondAddressName + ".value
= " + ajaxFormName + "." + ajaxFirstAddressName + ".value;"), ";"));
         form.add(label);

     }

}

Re: Copy Form Fields