Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2011/10/05 15:35:14 UTC

Re: Priority queues with JMS Client/ Java Broker

On 09/27/2011 03:37 AM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hi Praveen and all,
> just an additional info to prevent some confusion if you wish to use browse mode: priorities work when consuming the messages, while when browsing the queue, messages are ordered based on their enqueueing time. I.e. when sending messages:
>
> - first with priority 2
> - then with priority 1
> - latest with priority 3
>
> then browsing the queue shows messages in ordering "priority 2", "priority 1", "priority 3" message.
> While consuming messages consumes them in ordering "priority 3", "priority 2", "priority 1" message.

That sounds like a bug to me. Is it intentional?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Priority queues with JMS Client/ Java Broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 10/05/2011 03:40 PM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> [...]

That's right. To browse in priority order requires some changes to the
broker internals (currently browsers use the sequence number to track
position). By all means we can raise a JIRA to change that. At present I
would consider the browse order for priority queues 'undefined', meaning
it could well change.

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.

Kind regards,
Pavel