Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vernon Webb <ve...@comp-wiz.com> on 2006/12/29 20:49:18 UTC

--lint test fails

In running a lint test on one of my boxes I get the following error which I can't seem
to figure out why. Pyzor is installed and the path is correct:

[3075] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: pyzor_add_header 1
[3075] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more
information

Anyone?

Re: --lint test fails

Posted by Vernon Webb <ve...@comp-wiz.com>.
That did it thanks. It was in the local.cf file.

Re: --lint test fails

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 05:30:39PM -0500, Vernon Webb wrote:
> > 2) "pyzor_add_header" isn't a valid config option.  See "perldoc
> > Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor" for more info.  Perhaps you want to just
> > use the add_header option with the _PYZOR_ tag?  (see "perldoc
> > Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" for info on that)
>
> I'm sorry I know how tired people get of answering questions of people how have not
> read the docs. I have I'm just lost. Where exactly is this line written the add_header
> so I can remove it?

Now I'm confused.  The original message you posted was about a lint
failure for "pyzor_add_header 1", which I had assumed you added in.
Are you asking where that config line is?  If so, I can't answer that
for you, it's your config. ;)

It would likely be in your site config area, which is probably
/etc/mail/spamassassin.  So something like "grep pyzor_add_header
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf" is probably going to find it for you.
If it doesn't, you can run "spamassassin --lint -D config", get the
list of config files being used, and grep each of them looking for
"pyzor_add_header".

> I've checked the perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor and it doesn't make any
> sense to me. I have installed SA and pyzor (and the myriad of other afore mentioned
> plugins) and have not had to modify anything other than SA itself. Is there something
> I am missing here?

If you've enabled the plugin, and there are no errors as seen by "--lint -D",
then you should be fine.  The problem so far is that you added in a config
option that's not valid, so you get a lint warning.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"You are in a twisty little maze of Sendmail rules, all confusing."

Re: --lint test fails

Posted by Vernon Webb <ve...@comp-wiz.com>.
> 2) "pyzor_add_header" isn't a valid config option.  See "perldoc
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor" for more info.  Perhaps you want to just
> use the add_header option with the _PYZOR_ tag?  (see "perldoc
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" for info on that)

I'm sorry I know how tired people get of answering questions of people how have not
read the docs. I have I'm just lost. Where exactly is this line written the add_header
so I can remove it?

I've checked the perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor and it doesn't make any
sense to me. I have installed SA and pyzor (and the myriad of other afore mentioned
plugins) and have not had to modify anything other than SA itself. Is there something
I am missing here?

Thanks

Re: --lint test fails

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 07:56:09PM -0500, Vernon Webb wrote:
> Well it was there and it was not commented out so I did comment it out but I am still
> get the error.

Ok, there's 2 things going on here.

1) You need the plugin loaded.  It sounds like you have that, if the
"loadplugin" line is there, uncommented in the pre file.

2) "pyzor_add_header" isn't a valid config option.  See "perldoc
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor" for more info.  Perhaps you want to just
use the add_header option with the _PYZOR_ tag?  (see "perldoc
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" for info on that)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Spending time with my ex-wife this weekend was more enjoyable than this
 interview, but it was close." - Unknown

Re: --lint test fails

Posted by Sander Holthaus <in...@orangexl.com>.

Re: --lint test fails