Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Robert Steinmetz AIA <ro...@steinmetznet.com> on 2015/03/11 17:25:06 UTC

Re: 3.0.4 Upload Failure .txt and .odt files not converted

Thanks again for your help. See my response below.

Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> pdf2swf will be called while converting any office file
> for pdf it is first step
> for other formats it is second step
>
> we need to figure out what is the main cause of the error.
>
> can you check the ownership of /opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings/upload
> and /opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings/uploadtemp ?
Here are the permissions.
> /opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings$ ls -ld u*
> drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody nogroup 160 Mar 10 12:46 upload
> drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody nogroup  72 Mar 10 14:28 uploadtemp
The original files do get uploaded into the upload directory.

When I reported the original error the upload directory was owned by
root. I changed it to match the other directories and the HTTP:-500
error went away. So I am making progress with your help.
> /opt/red5/webapps/openmeetings/uploadtemp$ ls -l
> drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup 48 Mar 10 14:49 files
The files directory is empty.

I assume the jodconnector is the first step for .odt files what about
.txt? I assumed that txt files would be handled directly and not need
the jodconverter.
I have the Ubuntu 12.04 system jodconnector and it is version 2.2.2
could that be the problem? In order to simplify administration and
maintenance I have a strong preference to use the systems standard
packages whenever possible.

Re: 3.0.4 Upload Failure .txt and .odt files not converted

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
everything except for pdf handled by jodconverter first
2.2.2 will not work
you need
https://code.google.com/p/jodconverter/downloads/detail?name=jodconverter-core-3.0-beta-4-dist.zip&can=2&q=

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM, Robert Steinmetz AIA <rob@steinmetznet.com