Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Gazi, Nasser (London)" <Ga...@exchange.uk.ml.com> on 2003/02/17 18:30:48 UTC

How to find out if mod_perl is running

I have a very simple question (please excuse me if it is too simple).

I need to find out if of one of my Linux servers is running mod_perl, and if
so, which version it is running. Any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Thanks,
NG

Re: How to find out if mod_perl is running

Posted by Serguei Trouchelle <st...@isd.dp.ua>.
Gazi, Nasser (London) wrote:
> I have a very simple question (please excuse me if it is too simple).
>
> I need to find out if of one of my Linux servers is running mod_perl, and if
> so, which version it is running. Any suggestions as to how I can do this?

perldoc mod_perl

GATEWAY_INTERFACE
     The standard CGI environment variable GATEWAY_INTERFACE is set to
     "CGI-Perl/1.1" when running under mod_perl.

MOD_PERL
     The environment variable `MOD_PERL' is set so scripts can say:

      if(exists $ENV{MOD_PERL}) {
          #we're running under mod_perl
      }
      else {
          #we're NOT running under mod_perl
      }

--
Serguei Trouchelle
   http://www.isd.dp.ua/

Re: How to find out if mod_perl is running

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Gazi, Nasser (London) wrote:
> I have a very simple question (please excuse me if it is too simple).
>
> I need to find out if of one of my Linux servers is running mod_perl, and if
> so, which version it is running. Any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Use the guide:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_

Re: How to find out if mod_perl is running

Posted by Pierre Smolarek <pi...@bbmcarlson.com>.
lynx -head http://www.yourdomainname.com

if you have lynx that is