Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Youngstrom <yo...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 17:31:29 UTC

Re: Question regarding UIData state saving

>I think this is an issue with UIData using a very
>poor algorithm for when it thinks it can drop state,
>something like "there weren't any errors."
>The ADF UIXTable code has a better algorithm
>hat doesn't suffer from this problem.

So is UIData's poor algorithm a spec issue or an implementation issue?
 Its great that UIXTable doesn't suffer from these problems but it
would be nice if the standard UIData didn't suffer from these problems
either. :)  I'm just unsure who I need to be lobbying.  Can anyone
give me some direction?

Mike

Re: Question regarding UIData state saving

Posted by Mathias Brökelmann <mb...@googlemail.com>.
I think we should add this to the implementation of the tomahawk
DataTable. We can not change UIData since this behavior is specified
in the spec (see API Doc for UIData.encodeBegin()). Unfortunately I´m
currently not able to find the time to set up my test environment with
the new maven build system.

I wonder how UIXTable is able to determine default values in nested
components. Do you compare the row state objects with the state object
w/o row scope?

--
Mathias

Re: Question regarding UIData state saving

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.