Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hessing Ingo <I....@laudert.de> on 2001/08/31 02:58:46 UTC

ISAPI redirect doesn't work w/ service but w/ startup.bat?

Hi!

I've installed Tomcat 3.2.3 as a service on W2k Server (SP2) to work
with IIS 5 (including latest security patches) via the ISAPI redirecting
(latest "isapi_redirect.dll").

Unfortunately this does not work. The Tomcat service itself _works_ (I
can reach the Tomcat server via http://localhost:8080/mycontext/) - but
all I get via IIS and the ISAPI redirect (http://localhost/mycontext/)
is a

 Not Found (404)

error from Tomcat.

But: If I stop the NT service by typing

 net stop jakarta

followed by a non-service startup of Tomcat with

 startup.bat

in the "jakarta-tomcat\bin" directory I then _am_ able to reach my
Tomcat via the ISAPI redirect (http://localhost/mycontext/ then shows my
context). So the redirecting does not work with the NT service but does
work with the Tomcat invoked by the startup.bat. Why is that? - I've
checked the logs but cannot find anything unusual.

Anybody?

Best wishes

Ingo

Laudert
Innovative Medientechnik
Ingo Hessing
Development
Von-Braun-Str. 5
48691 Vreden
Tel +49 (0) 2564 919-290
Fax +49 (0) 2564 919-389
I.Hessing@laudert.de

P.S.: [zoom]en Sie sich ran! Unter www.laudert.de finden Sie unser
Online-Kundenmagazin [zoom] mit aktuellen Infos ueber uns, unsere Kunden
und die Top-Themen der Branche.