Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by msalman <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/21 07:37:19 UTC

Re: Handling page refresh or redirect when the server reboots

Sebastian, thanks for your response and idea.

Taking your idea  myproject.zip
<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4667990/myproject.zip>  I
am trying to use the following javascript code in wicket:

Http.Get = function(theUrl)
{
    var xmlHttp = null;
	try
	{
		xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
		return xmlHttp.open("GET", theUrl, true );
		xmlHttp.send();
		return xmlHttp.statusText;
		//return xmlHttp.responseText;
	}
	catch (error)
	{
		return 'error in my code: ' + error;
	}
}

The above code is called via:

		add(new AjaxLink("link")
		{

			@Override
			public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
			{
				target.add(testLabel);
			}

			@Override
			protected IAjaxCallDecorator getAjaxCallDecorator()
			{
				return new IAjaxCallDecorator()
				{

					public CharSequence decorateScript(
						Component component,
						CharSequence script)
					{
						return "document.getElementById('testlabel').innerHTML = 'plain '  +
Http.Get('http://www.cnn.com') ;" + script;
					}

					public CharSequence decorateOnSuccessScript(
						Component component,
						CharSequence script)
					{
						return "document.getElementById('testlabel').innerHTML = 'on success '
+ Http.Get('http://www.cnn.com') ;" + script;
					}

					public CharSequence decorateOnFailureScript(
						Component component,
						CharSequence script)
					{
						return "document.getElementById('testlabel').innerHTML = 'on Failure '
+  Http.Get('http://www.cnn.com') ;" + script;
					}
				};
			}

		});

The problem is that when I use it in wicket the xmlHttp.statusText or
xmlHttp.responseText returns nothing.
Can any one please tell me what I might be doing wrong?
Does the code or calling it even makes sense?

I am attaching  quickstart project.  Please see:
com.mytest.javascript.*

Thanks.

Re: Handling page refresh or redirect when the server reboots

Posted by msalman <mo...@yahoo.com>.
myproject.zip
<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668210/myproject.zip>

I finally got it working.  And just in case some one needs to do something
similar I am attaching the proof of concept project.  Any feedback would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks to Sebastian and Martin for their inputs.

Re: Handling page refresh or redirect when the server reboots

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

HttpXmlRequest is asynchronous by default.
It is not finished by the time you return from your function.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov