Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Swati <sw...@knoldus.com> on 2016/10/28 06:19:20 UTC

List the supported datatypes in carbondata

Hi,

I would like to know about the datatypes which are supported by carbondata
as I am getting this error *"MalformedCarbonCommandException:  Unsupported
data type"* while running the queries against these datatypes :*" tiny Int,
smallInt, float, date, varchar, char, boolean, binary, Map, Union "*. Also
there is no information available in the documentation about supported
datatypes.

Re: List the supported datatypes in carbondata

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Please find the data type list:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CARBONDATA/Carbon+Data+Types

Regards
Liang

cenyuhai wrote

Posted by Venkata Gollamudi <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

We can create a Jira and track this.

Regards,
Ramana

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pallavi Singh <pa...@knoldus.in>.
As per the previous conversation reply :
Following are the supported datatypes in carbon.
string,int,
integer,tinyint,short,long,bigint,numeric,double,decimal,
timestamp,array,struct.

Could you please clarify if both int and Integer should be supported ?

Using Integer datatype is giving me following error

0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> create table emp(id Integer, name String)
stored by 'carbondata';
Error: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: cannot recognize input near
'Integer' ',' 'name' in column type; line 1 pos 20 (state=,code=0)

--
Regards | Pallavi Singh
Software Consultant

Re: List the supported datatypes in carbondata

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,