Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by "bill.zhou" <zg...@163.com> on 2017/03/10 11:48:03 UTC

CarbonDictionaryDecoder should support codegen

hi All
   Now for the canrbon scan support codegen, but carbonditionarydecoder
does't support codegen, I think it should support.
   For example, toady I do one test and the query plan is as following left,
if CarbondictionaryDecoder support codegen the plan will change to following
right.  I think that will improve the performance.

Please Ravindra,Jacky,Liang correct it.  thank you.

Regards
Bill

Re: CarbonDictionaryDecoder should support codegen

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bill for pointing out.
Yes it is a long pending task and we should do it. I am not not sure about
the performance benefit we get, but definitely we should try. I will try it
out and see.

Regards,
Ravindra.

--