Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Keyser <JK...@telocity.com> on 2002/05/01 01:19:59 UTC

RE: [Collections][SUBMIT] WeakHashSet

> > Which brings me to another thought - Ultimately, this "weak
> reference
> > Collection wrapper," Transformers and Predicates are all collection
> wrappers
> > of one sort or another that encapsulate another collection
> that actually
> > stores the objects (or another wrapper).  Perhaps they
> should all subclass
> > from the same class, or implement a common interface?
>
> There already exists a "ProxyMap" class for this purpose for
> Maps, and
> there's been talk of including "ProxyList", "ProxySet" etc.
> My feeling
> is if you want to code them up, they'd be accepted.

So there is!  From looking through the mailing list, it appears Henri
Yandell has some versions of these already.

Re: [Collections][SUBMIT] WeakHashSet

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@eurobell.co.uk>.
For what its worth, I'm not planning on using the ProxyMap, or any other
Proxy* classes. I reckon that they don't add a great deal.

Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>