Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/13 18:00:29 UTC

[log4j2] org.apache.logging.log4j.appserver.tomcat.TomcatLogger.serialVersionUID

Why does the Tomcat logger
define org.apache.logging.log4j.appserver.tomcat.TomcatLogger.serialVersionUID
?

Is that class serializable even though it is not declared as a such?

Thank you,
Gary

Re: [log4j2] org.apache.logging.log4j.appserver.tomcat.TomcatLogger.serialVersionUID

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hm, no harm from leaving it in aside from the compiler warning. I wonder of
Tomcat does something dynamic WRT serialization...

Gary

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.